- May 1, 2019
- Category: CUAS/ UAS
A Geofence is a GPS boundary programmed into a drone intended to keep it within a safe zone. It requires a physical GPS module and firmware to monitor the drone’s position and limit its behavior. Touted as a method to keep drones from airports and sensitive areas, mandating geofencing is gaining popularity in legislative bodies. Unfortunately, defeating geofencing is simply a matter of changing firmware or altering the drone’s GPS module.
- Inexpensive software available on the Internet will erase all limits programmed into a OJI drone.
- Video tutorials show how drones can be forced into an assisted manual mode with anti-RFID mesh or even aluminum foil.
- Racing drones do not use GPS and advanced flight controllers are available on-line by the dozens.
- RAS constantly researches and investigates emerging drone threats to provide timely information to our clients.
- Our electronics experts understand drone technology to the component level and help our clients make informed decisions .
- We maintain vetted relationships with the top C-UAS vendors worldwide insuring that the technology agnostic solutions we present are state of the art.
- Contact RAS to evaluate your firm ‘s airborne vulnerabilities.